Working day of a DWP case manager.....Whistleblower — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working day of a DWP case manager.....Whistleblower

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @sleepy1
    was worth the read and no wonder the system is collapsing, over worked staff and not enough staff.

shocking
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi @susan48, yeah I came across that while looking for a link for something else and it is shocking, did you read any of the reviews (at the top of article page)?  Not read them all yet myself as had to go for another sleep.

I have more respect now for dwp workers who are basically being instructed what to do in order to keep their own job and feed their kids, which entails them having to live with the guilt of doing things that they know in many cases is morally wrong.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sleepy1
    Maybe that's why they decided to remain anonymous!

Understand what you mean tho Vic, it must be very stressful for those on the front line who have to deal with very desperate and angry people daily knowing just one click on a computer could have disastrous consequences.

May as well employ hit men to just shoot the ducking lot of us..........That would save a lot on the chewing and spiting out and the management would get a big bonus.

Cleaning bills would obviously increase  :)

• [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    We are all quick to point the finger, the assessment, assessor, DWP etc. We are all guilty of it but nobody knows the ins and outs of what their job in tails.
    I definitely wouldn’t want their job, stress, burnout, mental and physical illness.

all because of their workload. 

Wrong on all levels
  • [Deleted User]
  • susan48
    I had a busy, intense job in a busy bank, it was stressful because of cut backs, not enough staff, trying to run a department single handed was very detrimental to my health. I resigned as I couldn’t keep going.
    I understand the pressure of a job dealing with the public, good and bad.

i do not envy the staff dealing with vulnerable people 
  • sleepy1
    Scripted replies.  I do wonder if patience and being polite is the best way to go because when they make notes (as they probably do) what does that say about how you are coping. 
    It takes me a longtime to even find the courage and energy to ring DWP, I have to write notes beforehand then just get fobbed off with put on hold while they try and presumably have a quick flick through the regs/script/notes?

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • peterpete
    peterpete Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    No1 that song is annoying when your waiting no 2 I understand your stressed but all I needed was my j.s.a activated today so myself and my landlord could at least get my rent paid. I was told that the systems were down so I waited and was told they will contact me within 3 hours. Then 5 minutes before 3 pm I was told I need to hang up and phone yet again 1 minute after 3 pm I waited until 6pm for a phone call as they said they were going to do a rapid claim due to my possible homelessness. Now I have to go through the same process tomorrow time I could be using trying to sort my housing out
  • peterpete
    I know I'm not the only person but a simple click on there system can ensure I can claim housing and council tax plus get a same day payment for food
  • [Deleted User]
  • sleepy1
    Hi @peterpete, "rapid" Lol that word should be redefined...........As the Spanish  say manana.
    Our government have decided to put a new spin on that and seemly are thinking ahead and now need to cut NHS and support  to people in the UK who really need help.  WHY?  So they can use our taxes to stock up on "ammunition" for world war 3

• [Deleted User]
  • peterpete
    The good news is I'm on j.s.a I've made a new claim on pip but this time I pointed out what was in the report I.e fabricated report more clearly and with more information. So this time they can't lie. I know this may sound weird but now more active going out for long walks actually getting air in my lungs this time round I'll make dammit sure I'll record my pip assessment.secret or overwise losing up financial ruined me
  • [Deleted User]
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    What is with all the ones deleted 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,039 Disability Gamechanger
    stonker01 said:
    What is with all the ones deleted 
    It means they are no longer a member of scope.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.