Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Questions about Electro stimulation machine

SystemSystem Posts: 473 Scope community team
edited April 2018 in Disabled people

Replies

• smrsmr Member Posts: 8 Listener
    My son under the observation & supervision of physio therapist more than 8 years & he is also associated  with a rehabilitation institute for such type of children. I would like to know that the use of ESM( Electro stimulation Machine) is beneficial for his muscles improvement & how can I use this machine.

• Andy_AssistiveAndy_Assistive Scope adviser Posts: 45 Courageous
    Hi @smr
    The device you are talking about is medical rather than Assistive Tech and not something that I can cover. Disability Aids and Equipment might be a more suitable place for this question.
    Andy
    edited April 2018
    But can it  be used for muscles stimulation for ataxia patient to strengthen their muscles. Or let me know some other aids/equipment those are beneficial for him.
  • Andy_AssistiveAndy_Assistive Scope adviser Posts: 45 Courageous
    Hi @smr
    The devices you are are asking about are outside of my experience as they are medical devices rather than Assistive Tech, like iPads and computers which are in our area.
    I think a chat with an Occupational Therapist (OT) will be helpful for the medical aids.
    Andy

Thanks  Andy if ever update regarding this device please let me know.

Sign in or join us to comment.