Benefits question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits question

Kath113
Kath113 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I my son gets midden dla and I now I am on income support and also made clam for cares  allowance I been told on the phone they have sent me letter.  but no money as gone in yet so do u think they have said no in the letter 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kath113

You should find out by letter if you are entitled before you see money in your account, so you may have to wait till the letter comes, or you could cll them and ask?

Let us know how you get on
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Kath113 said:
    I my son gets midden dla and I now I am on income support and also made clam for cares  allowance I been told on the phone they have sent me letter.  but no money as gone in yet so do u think they have said no in the letter 
    A claim for Carers Allowance takes about 8-12 before payments are started. You will of course be backdated any money owed. Backdated money will be the carers Premium only.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.