Hi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

CatLady28
CatLady28 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hello everyone,
I’m new here, and just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself.
I am a 53 year old lady, living in the south east of England. I live with 2 of my 3 children...the other one has left home and lives with her boyfriend.
my pain and disability journey really started about 12 years ago, and I now have Fibro, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Osteoarthritis, lots of problems linked to having over half of my stomach removed due to non healing ulcers, and have also recently been diagnosed with dyspraxia. Setting it all out in a list like that really brings it all home!

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @CatLady28 and a very warm welcome to the community. Interesting that I responded just a little while ago to a gentleman who uses the handle 'dogman'. Wonder if we need to keep you separate? :smile:
    I take it you're fond of cats? I have two that I love dearly.
    And yes, that is some list of conditions isn't it? At least you will find you're not alone here. We have a great many lovely, friendly people in the community who, individually and together, are really quite awesome.
    A good starting point for you (though don't forget that other members will respond to this post as it filters through to them) might be the 'Dealing with chronic pain' thread. A lot of fibro sufferers and others post there. You could also have a look through our list of categories/forums and see if there is anything of special interest to you.
    In the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have or to tell us some more about yourself. We're looking forward to getting to know you.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CatLady28
    CatLady28 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Thank you for such a lovely, warm welcome Richard ( JennysDad ). Haha, I promise to play nicely with dogman, no fighting. Yes, I love cats and have a 4 month old kitten who is just a joy, and very therapeutic.

i shall definitely check out the suggestions you made, thank you. 
    Amanda
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CatLady28, welcome to the community!
  • dogmad
    dogmad Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi @CatLady28 just to reassure you, none of my dogs chased cats (even if they wanted to ! :-D ) and I've encountered more than I care to think about over, the past 50 something years . I sometimes had cats & kittens living with us :-) Have you seen the Youtube article/photos of the guy in America who has a "pyramid" of a dog at the base, with a cat on the dog's back and a mouse on the back of the cat ! Wonderful piece of training :-)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.