Lifeline service problems — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lifeline service problems

Ananda
Ananda Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a lifeline service and my dongle holder was broken and for two years I kept asking about getting a replacement because mine was broken! Anyway I found out that if the dongle is broken including straps that it must be fixed within 24 hours or quicker. Well in September last year I got burgled and assaulted and things were made worse because I didn’t have my dongle with me, it was impossible! Where do I stand and can I sue my housing association for not fixing the dongle covering/strap in the time permitted! I was told by the lifeline engineer that there are even 4 hour slots where things must be fixed within 4 hours but two years and more is one massive joke! I have other serious issues that I need help with because I need to move, I’m scared and don’t ever go out any more, I have brain tumours as well as spinal cord tumours and my recent MRI scan shows new damage in two places! I can’t sleep at night and I’m not coping at all!

Comments

• Ananda
    Ananda Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Oh yeah I have had 8 burglaries since 2010, one time my friend had a gun put to his head so it’s getting beyond a joke!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm just here to say hello @Ananda and to welcome you to the community. I am glad you have found us - you sound to be having an awful time.
    I don't have the expertise to answer your question myself, but other members will be along to talk to you in due course. Please bear with us.
    Tagging @Sam_Scope and @Pippa_Scope in the hope that you may have some suggestions to make here.
    Warmest best wishes to you, @Ananda
    Richard
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Hi @Ananda

Sorry to hear your having a difficult time! 
    Id like to welcome you to the site, hope you find it useful. 
    Have you tried to get free legal aid or a free consultation about during.  It could be worth looking into.
    If there's anything I can help with let me know. 

Charlene 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ananda
    Im sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with this! What is the response from the company? If you look on their website, do they have a complaints procedure?

You might want to try The Law Centre to get any legal advice.

Good luck!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.