5 weeks since PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

5 weeks since PIP assessment

leannemich
leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
its been 5 weeks since my pip assessment but I still haven’t heared a thing!
i got my assessors report and it looks like she’s given me 12 points for mobility and 16 for daily living. does the DM go off the assessors report or does it vary?
also does anybody know how much longer around it will take please :)
Thankyou 

Comments

• leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    The assessor can’t “give” you anything. They make a recommendation and the case manager/decision maker at DWP then has to make a decision based on the claim pack, the HCP report and any other submitted evidence as well as possibly advice from their chief medical officer. So, the HCP report is just one element. It’s often the most significant but there’s no way of second guessing. You just have to wait for the decision.
    I didn’t mean she had given me a decision, I meant she had recommended, I know the HCP can’t decide what’s i get but the points she had put down she has “recommended” 12 for mobility and 16 for daily living. I have plenty of medical evidence from my nurses and dermatologist that has been sent to them along with everything else.
    i can only wait for the decision letter now and hopefully they’ll go by the HCP

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.