DWP Telepone Call 10/10 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Telepone Call 10/10

Options
susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
I just wanted to share this.

Called DWP ESA was on hold for 20 minutes, just played a game online whilst waiting.
A very nice gentleman answered and was extremely patient as my speech wasn’t  great.He said , take your time I’m not going anywhere, I’m here to listen and help you so don’t worry.

He answered my questions and went to find a letter I’d sent, which was really good.

He told me everything I wanted to know in plain English.

I wanted to share this to let people know, who are unsure if to call DWP or not, I was scared, to just be nice, polite and you should get the same in return. Very Very nice man  :)

Afterall they are human too 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    It's great to hear you had a good experience! :)
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    I have had both good and horrid calls with them in the past my most recent call last week was with a really awesome guy, who took his time, listened and told em what I can do and how to go about it, the 2 calls prior to that had been quite awful first woman was so rude I was tempted to hang up and try again, then a couple of days later the woman came across very cold, not willing to listen or communicate in a polite manner. It really does seem the luck of the draw with some of these people. I am glad you had a good call :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @fishingmum, I too have had , wouldn’t say bad, calls but conflicting information.
    I stayed on the phone this time until he finished writing the notes, I could hear him as he was talking to himself whilst doing so.

The previous ones didn’t even take my NI number and gave very bad advice, could have lead to a fraud investigation.
    Thanksfully it’s all sorted, Iv lost some award money but I’m safe in the knowledge Iv done the right thing.

Thanks to the very nice man 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.