PIP TRIBUNAL HELP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP TRIBUNAL HELP

kaz99
kaz99 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to send video evidence in to the tribunal? My grandson has had his PIP stopped after an appointment with a lady from CAPITA because she asked him if he played a games console, he has left sided hemiplegia, cerebral palsy and can not use his left hand so has always played one handed. She wrote a report saying he has good skills with both hands because he can play a playstation yet this is lies as he can only use one hand! I have told them this but they do not believe me. Will the tribunal look at the video evidence? 

Comments

• Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Hi Kazz99
    I am going through the tribunal appeal. I am posting my appeal letter off on Monday.  I wrote down all what I didn't agree with on the assessors report. There were lies and contradictions, also she twisted things that I told her and she didn't include other information that I'd told her.
    You should appeal, by Mandatory Reconsideration but that will probably be turned down too, as mine was. That is why I'm now going through the Tribunal appeal. Check out CAB and the Disability Rights organisation for help. Also there is lots of help on You Tube.  Good luck.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    They generally don't take video evidence, but I'd call and ask the clerk...
  • kaz99
    kaz99 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Cazann said:
    Hi Kazz99
    I am going through the tribunal appeal. I am posting my appeal letter off on Monday.  I wrote down all what I didn't agree with on the assessors report. There were lies and contradictions, also she twisted things that I told her and she didn't include other information that I'd told her.
    You should appeal, by Mandatory Reconsideration but that will probably be turned down too, as mine was. That is why I'm now going through the Tribunal appeal. Check out CAB and the Disability Rights organisation for help. Also there is lots of help on You Tube.  Good luck.
    Thank you, they did refuse the MR we are just waiting for a tribunal date now. Its so shocking that they lie. Good luck to you to.
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Hi Kazz99
    I agree, it is so shocking the lies they are telling.  I thought the lady who did my assessment seemed very nice, but when I got the report back, I was so upset and annoyed. I don't know how they can sleep at night knowing the stress they are causing people. We have a long wait for our tribunal dates but I'm sure the truth will come out and we'll get the right outcome
    Take care.
    :)
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    And hopefully one day the people responsible will go to prison for a long, long time.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.