Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
Karens11
Karens11 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited May 2018 in Education
Hello I'm looking for help/ advice.
My son is 14 he has cp and hydrocephalus. He attends secondary School he is in year 10. He is fully statemented and a full time wheelchair user. He is just changing to the new care plan. We have fifou out that the school is in breach of contract due to them not providing his physio. There are numerous other problems with the school. How do I sue the school. 
Thanks Karen.

Comments

• hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Karen
    Sorry to hear this?
    Have you put in a complaint to the school governers about your issue? 
    You can also get a free legal consultation about your issues which give you more info. 
    Charlene
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Karens11
    Welcome to the community, Im sorry to hear you have had such a tough time with the school.

All schools should have a complaints procedure and that should be detailed on their website, have you looked into this?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Karens11
    Options
    Hi yes I have written to the chair of governor's and to the local education department. As I have not had a response I was wondering where do I go next. Or do I write again to them. I sent a letter in 2 weeks ago. Thanks
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Karens11

How are you getting on? Have you heard anything back? There should be a clear process of how to complain and where to go at each step.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Karens11
    Options
    Hi thanks I've got in touch with parent partnership.hopefully they will be able to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.