Getting dla because i was born before 1984. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting dla because i was born before 1984.

Options
Nannadawn
Nannadawn Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Is it true do i not have to get pip because i was born before 1984 (a statement i saw in previous discussion) or is it because there is a long delay with pip. I really dont understand.

Comments

• zoomer
    zoomer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    i think that everyone on dla will be migrated over to pip.i was born in the early 60s & have just had a home assessment last week

• Nannadawn
    Nannadawn Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you i thought that was right but someone made a statement about pip and mention "except those born before 1984"  and was confused x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you were getting DLA and were aged 65 or over on 10 April 2013 then you stay on DLA.  Otherwise, you will be reassessed for PIP at some point.  Except under 16s who get DLA until aged 16 or over and then have to be reassessed for PIP.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there

I agree with Matilda!

Anyone with a date of  birth on or before 8/4/1948 stays on DLA. Anyone born  after 8/4/48 has to have their DLA converted to PIP.  You can only make a current claim for PIP until the day before your 65th birthday.

People under age 16 continue to get DLA, and by their 16th birthday, their  PIP entitlement should be ready to be paid from that birthday.  

Gill_Scope
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you were under 65 on 8 April 2013 and are still getting dla, you will be reassessed for PIP when the DWP contacts you even though you will be over 65 at the time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes Matilda, that is right. The reassessments are progressing still now, and the remaining people to be re-assessed and moved onto PIP are 69 ish. 

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.