pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

sami
sami Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi everyone 
Im mental health persons I send my pip application on the 12/04/2018 and on the 27/04/2018 I receive a email from housing benefit saying that the DWP inform them that my income has been change and the housing benefit send me new calculation up to april 2019 my housing benefit has increased?
Please anyone explain if I bean accepted for PIP ???
I did not been for the health professional assessment 
did I get assessment by paper baset. 
many thanks

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    edited April 2018
    Hi @sami
    it sounds like you could be a winner ,lets hope so ay  :)
    cheers Gizmo
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi sami
    Your housing benefit has a disability element, when I was awarded PIP I then received some back pay off housing benefit and my housing benefit changed, I did not have to pay as much rent out of my own pocket. Fingers crossed it looks like you may have been awarded PIP. thats what happened to me anyway.  
  • sami
    thanks justg72 can you please tell me how long it's take you to get a decision
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Why dose pip affect housing benefit I am new to pip and I don't know any off this any advise would be great full please
  • justg72
    Hi sami
    I can not remember how long because of my memory problems. You can ring housing benefit and ask why theres a change, they should be able to tell you if a disability element has been added. If so you can always ring PIP up to find out when you will get it and what you have been awarded.
  • sami
    Yes justg72
    I call dwp they jus tell me my claim in a prosses and then I call housing benefit they tell me that dwp inform them of changing on my income?
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Toffee Disability top-up on HB.
  • justg72
    Hi sami
    Do you work? if not that sounds to me that you have been awarded PIP you can ring and ask for a copy of your assessment, the only thing is the assessor writes their bit and then another assessor looks at it as well to make the final decision. I asked for a copy of my report before I got the decision and I scored 0 on both components. If you live in great Britain and not Irland you can ring DWP and ask for a copy. This should give you an idea on what how many points you have scored. Otherwise you will have to wait. I would ask for a copy it should give you an idea.
  • sami
    Justg73
    Many thanks 
  • justg72
    When I first put in for PIP I was working so I hardly got any help with my rent. When I received PIP I was paid some back pay from housing benefit and I did not have to pay as much rent this was 4 years ago. I went to see housing benefit offices and I was told that you get a disability element payment towards your rent because of my disability, thats what they told me. I have not heard that this has changed, I am going to be losing this because I have scored 0 for both daily care and mobility I do not know how I will cope financially as I have lost my job and driving licence from uncontrolled temporal lobe epilepsy. I would look into your housing benefit and make sure you are claiming the correct benefits you are entitled to. In winter from Nov-March you can also claim £140 per year help towards your gas/electricity with your supplier. 
  • Toffee
    Thank you all for great information I will look into this now:-)as am newly awarded pip 
  • justg72
    Toffee said:
    Thank you all for great information I will look into this now:-)as am newly awarded pip 
    Hi Toffee
    When I got enhanced PIP I did get more HB paid towards my rent. The gas/electric is called the warm home discount and you need to apply every year from Nov-March this is a deffo as I claim every year. If you are in receipt of ESA you can also get disability elements added to it as well. If you work you may  get disability elements in your working tax credits. I learned the hard way and did not know about these extra benefits. You might be better off speaking to a benefits advisor to make sure you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to.
  • Toffee
    Thank you justg72
    I will look into seeing one 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.