About universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About universal credit

Options
chechick
chechick Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited May 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi l was woundering if any could give me advise in here, what it is lm on universal credit and lm in the lcw and been on this for 2 years and l went for another medical assesment and they put on lcwra l passed it on the 17th april 2018 so lm on lcw and lcwra so l  on both now,when l have phoned universal credit asking about my money when will it be paid and if lm owed any arrears there telling me different on the phone saying lm due any back pay then when l phone again the other says l am due something but there caculating it to see if l owe debt management which l dont, lve had no letters yet explaining whats going and there baffling my head one says somet then the next person says a different thing thanks replys would helpful 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chechick, sorry to hear this. It sounds like a really frustrating situation! I've forwarded this post onto our benefits advisors who will hopefully be able to clarify things.
  • chechick
    Options
    Thank pippa scope, plus l dont no when lm gonna start getting the extra money thanks for replying 
  • gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi chechick welcome to the Scope community 
    I have had the same problem with tax credit they don't seem to know what they are doing, well not until you speak to a higher member of staff.  I think the best way to go about it is to only ask each question you have once and when you do, record the call. This is so you can go back to it and they can't deny what they've said
  • chechick
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Its a ballache some of them dont no what there  doing thats a good idea to record them mike [removed by moderator] didnt think of that lve phoned them back today and they said my extra will start on the 23rd of this month,,then l phoned them back just before 5 and another said my extra payment wont start till 3months cause therr looking into if l owe debt mangement anyhting and to see if there are any arrears due so l ,eep getting told different alls l want to no is whats going on properly what do you mean full service?? Mike [removed by moderator]
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi chechick

'Full service' that Mike [removed by moderator] referred to is the online version (where your claim is managed on the online journal) all UC will eventually be like this, but at the moment some claims are still administered clerically (by hand) and these are called 'Live service' -if you have an online journal you're full service.

The LCWRA should be added to the assessment period when the decision was made - from what you say above, if your normal payments are 23rd of the month, then I make your assessment period to be 16th to 15th?? If this is the case, the23rd May would be the first payment to include the LCWRA element - note that this will replace the LCW element and not be in addition to it.

Even if you owe a debt, the LCWRA should still be included from the relevant date, it may just mean that they take a deduction, but other than offsetting arrears payments (which I can't imagine they'd be doing here, as they wouldn't normally backdate prior to the decision date) they can't take more than the maximum 40% of your standard allowance, so I'm not sure what they're on about there.

I'd definitely second Mike's advice and if you're in full service, get it on the journal so create a paper trail.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• chechick
    Options
    Ok thank you for your advice it has really helped 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.