free assistive technology for students — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

free assistive technology for students

Options
melaniethorley
melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering

Hello everybody. I thought I would share some free assistive technology with you:

http://www.callscotland.org.uk/mystudybar/

Here is a link to MyStudyBar - a free suite of assistive technologies. The software is portable as you can save it onto a USB which means you are not tied to a desktop or laptop, you just plug it in. There are applications such as mindmapping, speech-to-text and coloured screen maskers. Whilst the technology was created for students with literacy difficulties, most people I know who have seen the technology benefit from at least one aspect. Personally, if I have sorting out to do in my office, I will open a journal article and hit play - I can listen to the article whilst filing or watering my plants. Enjoy and let me know how you get on if you give the technology a try.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.