Hi, my name is desperateme! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is desperateme!

Options
desperateme
desperateme Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I attended an ESA assessment and assessor lied and misrepresented all i said,.. been put on work related group from support, only due to exemption because of suicidal thoughts. asked for reconsideration and it was put on hold for some reason, obviously whilst my pip was going through,  had Pip assessment, reported I went alone, although my friend came and sat with me for support as suffer anxiety etc.. she also reported carried out full muscular/ skeletor exam, which she didnt and reported all fine even though im not..  esa reconsideration then refers to pip assessment to disprove my physical problems and esa assessors lies to disprove my depression and anxiety.. have to send reconsideration for pip and start appeal esa. sent complaint to Atos' so called Independant  company. got to complain to Health assessment people too. this process is literally slowly killing me. advice centre doesnt have enough time to deal with properly and all this is consuming me trying to deal with all. due to their timings, i have 2 weeks for pip recon and 2.5 to lodge appeal etc. how can assessors get away with this?
can i ask them to look at cctv to see i wasnt alone at least!

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @desperateme and a very warm welcome to the community. I am very glad you've found us.
    I'm not qualified to advise you on benefits as such, but we do have people here who are and they will be in touch with you as soon as they can be. For now bear with us, but we have a lot of knowledge and expertise here which should prove of use to you.
    You are not alone, now.
    You are not alone, indeed, in what you have been through - you'll find a number of ESA/PIP nonsense survivors here.
    It is far easier for me to say not to worry than it is for you to do it, but the truth is that not all such assessors do 'get away with it'. A very high proportion of appeals are successful when they're backed up with the right resources.
    Don't hesitate to ask us any further questions or to tell us anything more about your situation.
    We are here for you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @desperateme
    Im sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, 

We have some videos about the PIP appeal process that may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.