Hi group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi group

maria01
maria01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
 I am a disabled person an unwell, I have a problem I was on low income an I live alone, I have a difficult financial situation I have a lot of bills but the worst one is Windows/doors bills that is £105651.80 it is causing me stress an worries, I cannot sleep at night,  I tried to get help from many organisations an the council said I must pay the bill or I would loose my house, an I didn't get any help from anywhere, I am very tired now but I need your help an assistance please. I want help from your community to look at difficult situation an help me. An if you know any free legal aid solicitor and a expert housing officer. Thank you

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    If you hold on someone will reply . Welcome 
  • simonsable
    simonsable Community member Posts: 75 Connected
    @Sam_Scope Can you pass this enquiry to the Benefit Advisor please

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maria01

Can you explain a little more? What is the door/windows bill for and who is it from? Have you had work done and now can't pay for it? If you can give us a bit more information, we can try and help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • maria01
    maria01 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hello Sam. Thank you. The doors Windows is from the council they replaced my windows/doors an they said I have to have it done, then they sent me a big bill in August 2017 for £105651.80 I am disabled ill person on low benefit esa, I cannot afford to pay £105651.80 an I don't have any help from nobody else, I would like you an your community to help me with this difficult situation. I would like if is possible to see someone to see my letters an documents to understand my situation better.  Thank you 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I don’t see how you can be forced to get windows put in? You must have agreed at some point and given access? Would like to know out of curiosity did you get a green deal or were you asked to sign any finance agreements for the windows please? I am a home owner with a factor and they replaced all their windows of their tenants flats but ignored the home owners flats. They said we would have to do it ourselves . I can’t afford it. So that’s why I am puzzled?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maria01
    It may be worth going to see the CAB as we cant look through your letters for you. You can find what services are in your area here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.