How to determine the level of capital for Pension Credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to determine the level of capital for Pension Credit

Options
Yadnad
Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
I hope someone can put me wise to the answer please. I have had such good advise on the benefit forum so I thought I would try here with this problem.

We are husband & wife, both 70+ and claiming amongst other things, Guarantee Pension Credit.

Our capital as disclosed to the DWP is:

NSI Bond £10,000
Premium Bond £1 ( I know it was bought for me back in the early 50's so it is something I want to keep)
Money in current account, purse, wallet, etc at date of claim £321.67.

All our income comes from pensions and benefits.

The problem I am having is trying to work out what level of capital we have on a weekly basis from all sources as we put money aside out of our benefits for bills, living expenses etc. Depending on what day of the month we are at the level of money in the current account can be £2000+ or less than £50.

What do I tell the DWP? Do I do a weekly letter?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.