wheel chair bike — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

wheel chair bike

Options
Finleycorker
Finleycorker Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi all. I’m studying Product Design for my A levels this year, and need to do some research for a project. My project is based around lack of affordable disabled mobility equipment. I’d be really grateful if you could take a minute to help me out.

Has anyone found they’ve wanted a wheelchair hand bike or products similar and found that there out of their price range?  From researching products i have found that mobility equipment is usually in the price range of £1500+. Are users finding this to be the norm?

Are there affordable products on the market and if so are they up to todays specs? How important do people feel it is to have a cheaper product and what would be the most important aspects to focus on when designing.

Comments

• Liam_Goole
    Liam_Goole Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Finley,
    Mobility equipment is a niche product and tends to be at the high price point.
    Its hard to make affordable mobility equipment because with the low quantity of sales, it makes the cost of production higher. There is definitely room in the market for an affordable hand bike. I would concentrate on a basic design to keep the price point low as this would be your unique selling point. Interesting idea and good luck!
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for doing this

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.