If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

local compliance telephone call

swanfeetswanfeet Posts: 3Member Listener
edited May 2018 in Carer's allowance
Hi I’ve had a notification of local compliance telephone call i get cairs alowonce I’ve done 3 days work since last December do I need to panic 

Replies

• steve51steve51 Posts: 6,165Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @swanfeet

Good Morning it’s great to have you onboard.

Can you please let me know some more info & I will do my best to help.

Thanks.
  • swanfeetswanfeet Posts: 3Member Listener
    I had a letter yesterday to let me know I would be getting a local compliance telephone call on the 23 and to have bank details to hand i get cairs aalowonce as my girlfriend is disabled I allso have a 19 year old daughter who dose not have a fixed address and is sofa surfing I let her stay with me 3 days a week and let her get her benefits letters at my address I have done 3 days of work since December 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,348Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    swanfeet said:
    I had a letter yesterday to let me know I would be getting a local compliance telephone call on the 23 and to have bank details to hand i get cairs aalowonce as my girlfriend is disabled I allso have a 19 year old daughter who dose not have a fixed address and is sofa surfing I let her stay with me 3 days a week and let her get her benefits letters at my address I have done 3 days of work since December 
    This will be your problem, your daughter is sofa surfing and using your address. This could cause you problems with housing benefit, if you're claiming it. Just be honest during the interview and answer all questions. There maybe an overpayment to pay back while your daughter has been living with you. The 3 days of work you also done could affect your benefits too but it will depend which benefits you claim and how much you earned.

All changes of circumstances must be reported.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,567Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    A compliance interview is often random and may be connected to nothing at all. Like mystery shopper exercise if you like. If there was a specific concern then you would usually get called in for an interview under caution so maybe take a breath before panic sets in.

See https://www.gov.uk/fraud-error-prevention-centres

@poppy123456 It’s not accurate to say ALL changes of circumstances must be reported. Only ones which might reasonably be considered to impact entitlement. So, for example, unless someone else has decided to grass you up then a 19 year old sofa surfer on means-tested benefits would not impact any of your benefits as there would be no non-dependent deduction. 

Most likely this is a random compliance interview and should be treated as such.
  • swanfeetswanfeet Posts: 3Member Listener
    Thanks I only let my daughter come to wash her clothes and get cleaned up once each week the work I did I’ve not been paid for yet it was as a movie extra once agency take there book fee and comishen I will get about £60 from the jobs I did
Sign in or join us to comment.