Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

CP and health problems

SystemSystem Posts: 471 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: do CP babies tend to cry more than others?.

Replies

• angelmashawaangelmashawa Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi my name is angel my baby is goitsemodimo he is 4 years cp he can't talk can't see can't walk..can't feed him see he has a VP shunt as well b4 he used to cry everyday none stop but now he is much better with the cry the problem is he get all kind off sickness he had swollen eyes b4 he became fine now he cough everyday nothing helps en he has tonsillitis that don't go away I'm so stressed because he drinks lot of antibiotics but he is not getting any better pls help....
  • Jean_OTJean_OT Member Posts: 532 Pioneering

Hi @angelmashawa

It's clear from your post that that your son has a lot of health challenges, which must be stressful for you. It is totally understandable that you would ask for help on these community pages and I'm sure there will be many other community members that will be able to have empathy with your situation and share their experiences with you. However, really it sounds as if you also need some additional medical support and possibly some practical help.

The issue of the your son's on-going tonsillitis really needs to be addressed by a doctor, the GP should be able to refer to an ENT consultant. Is he being seen by ENT?

Do you have support in place for you?

Best Wishes

Jean 

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• angelmashawaangelmashawa Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hey thanx for the support..the GP only gave him antibiotic they say they will go away on their own even the cough it's been 2 years now coughing en the doctors says he will be addicted to the antibiotic let's leave him and see what's going to happen coz the x-rays doesn't show much...
Sign in or join us to comment.