Esa questionnaire mess up — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa questionnaire mess up

Gogo21
Gogo21 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
Hiya... This is going to sound silly . But I literally can't sleep at moment because I feel I've messed up esa form which I sent away now... I'm in support group for a year and was sent the assessment renewal.. But there's this 1 question I answered it varies when after I thought about it.. Doing it safely..doing it regularly and repeatly I could not do.. I feel stupid.. (the 1 about moving from seat to seat.. Is it just a case of wait and see or could I explain this at assessment  That actually is more a no than a varies.. Thank you for any help 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi Gogo21

As you probably know, the ESA assessments, like the PIP ones, are a bit of a lottery, in terms of how well they are conducted, how thorough or fair the reports are. 

I'd suggest that if your entitlement to the support group component stems from that one descriptor, then it might well be a good idea to write to the assessment company, explain the situation, then phone them 10 days later, to check that the letter has been placed on your file. 

If you qualify for the support group in other ways, maybe it's not so vital, because you only have to satisfy one descriptor or the exceptional circumstances condition (a"substantial risk to your health"etc)

Good luck

Gill_Scope

• Gogo21
    Gogo21 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Thank you for replying -gill_scope.. I think I qualify in other ways.. I think it was just having an anxiety attack about it.. I just find it so overwhelming.. I spoke to support worker who helped fill out form and she said not to worry to much about it as I gave good information and supportive information . And whatever happens she would help me fight if we have to..x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    That's good, Gogo21. Thanks for filling us in with this. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.