Disability benefit assessors trouser £50 rewards for squeezing extra tests into their day — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability benefit assessors trouser £50 rewards for squeezing extra tests into their day

Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
This is what is happening within the so call assesment system. No wonder many of their reports are so wrong and it's all for greed. MONEY....

The truth will out we hope.

EXCLUSIVE: MPs launched a probe tonight into the leaked Atos policy which they fear is an “incentive to ride roughshod over claimants”

See the full article here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/disability-benefit-assessors-trouser-50-12535091.amp?__twitter_impression=true

This just all proves how corrupt this all is.
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I have heard that the actual accessor can earn bonuses but never had it proved to me or seen.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Governments_A_Joke Thanks for this. This is all true I do know of course it is. Why they are doing it?

Why do think they all of them are clambering on to the bandwagon.  The medical profession at the very start of the whole debacle.

Now the system and the people doing it are all laid out to see. Add now the recent awareness and openness of these trials and tribulations of our community.

Having according what I know problems finding medical professionals to do the job. Increasing pressure and stress and not only that. We know what is going on.

ATOS and Capita must be using incentives to get the right people.

You must always remember it is business they are running. Need to show to the shareholders how they are doing.

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    And what's the issue here? 
    Its a business with incentives to work overtime, no different from any other business. 
    Known as perks, commission, incentives.

I think you might be forgetting how impatient everyone is to get their assessments, to get their reports and some even start the MR process even before receiving anything in writing.

It doesn't prove is all about greed and money. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Government_needs_reform
    @whistles You don't work for them do you? Lol. Maybe a business? But making money off the disabled is bang out of order, it woulden't be so bad if it was a fair system. But it's not.

you know as well as I know the system is flawed end of and this just proves it. I'm sorry to sound harsh here but assesments should be kept in house only and done properly.

@thespiceman I'm glad you found this useful and you can see this right before your eyes, I think it's a big eye opener.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Agreed about it being done inhouse. It was for DLA. 
    But sadly this was done as a cost cutting method, the benefit itself, process etc etc.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Government_needs_reform
    @whistles here is some further information why I believe this is very wrong.

So an assessor doing one extra assessment a day five days a week in an assessment centre would appear to be able to earn £2,125 a week in bonuses alone. If this is correct it raises huge question marks over how generous the PIP assessment contract is, to allow Atos to pay such huge amounts on top of salaries.

Atos made no mention of these incentives when they gave evidence to the Work and Pensions committee inquiry into benefits assessments earlier this year. Committee chair Frank Field has written to Atos asking for more information saying:

“I am concerned financial incentives to complete assessments quickly may compromise the accuracy and quality of assessment reports - causing further distress to claimants.”

Field told the Mirror:

“It’s an incentive to ride roughshod over claimants and it can’t be right.

“Not only has the Government outsourced the assessment work, it has outsourced moral responsibility for the welfare of claimants. This is the outcome.”

Atos claim that the £50 bonus system was for a period of high assessment volume and is no longer in use.

Further information taken from Benifits and work (news) see article https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3764-pip-assessors-paid-bonuses-for-getting-through-more-assessments-a-day

Now I hope you can understand the frustration regarding this as many are suffering at the mercy of these fools for incorrect assesments and lies on their reports.

⬇️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.