Chronic pain syndrome. Still get pain24/7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain syndrome. Still get pain24/7

Options
auntijojo
auntijojo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have chronic pain syndrome, high blood pressure, and anxiety/depression. I have to take a cocktail of pain killers to get me through each day. I used to get mobility and was asked to apply for pip which I was refused resulting in my car going back. I struggle to keep my car on the road due to not working, no day is the same good/bad still get pain 24/7 . I feel like I have been put on **** heap with no help. Any advice please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration for the PIP? When was the decision made? Do you claim ESA, if so are you on assessment rate or in a group? I'm not sure what advice you would like.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there. Have the same conditions as you except for the blood pressure, and also have Complex PTSD. It's incredibly hard to handle the constant pain (mine fluctuates - back spasms - does yours?). Having MH problems just makes it worse. I find that the MH problems make the pain and mobility problems worse, which make my MH problems worse, which makes ... It's a horrendous spiral downward. 

Have you been to a pain management programme? It made a huge difference to me. Do you see a counsellor or therapist? I managed to find a wonderful counsellor, who only charges me £10 a week. Are you taking meds? Do you have any official support, or family/friend support? You are not alone. There are a lot of us on this site, and so many more out there in the world. We hear you.

Your also not alone in having problems with benefits! Can you tell us more details about what's going on?

*Gentle hugs if you want them*

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.