The side effect of taking medication for ever — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The side effect of taking medication for ever

Craigowen
Craigowen Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Just recently I had a bone density scan ,and the result was that I have lost bone mass  due to the medication that I take.
Sleeping deeply is a problem too .
This effects how much energy i have for work and  a integrated life.
Please encourage the medicine maker's to make medicine that effects our whole life including relationships in a positive and helpful way .

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Craigowen Pleased to meet you welcome.

I agree with your comments unfortunately. We live in a society where taking medication is necessary and the side effects weigh out the alternatives.

I have been taking medication for since I was a young baby now in my early fifties.  I understand the side effects and also am aware of the issues of residues of long term medicine.

Only recently found out the effects and residues left in my body probably have cause some internal damage and physical problems.

I would never stop taking my medications but have looked at alternatives to help me.

This is still a controversial debate and has been argued on here this forum many times.

Personally I wish and do not dwell on what I use but because of SCOPE rules. Just need for my own personal use.

Use them for health.  That is all. 

Great to meet you

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.