UC WHAT A GREAT SYSTEM ( NOT!!! ) NO MONEY FROM ANYONE EVEN THE CASH I'm OWED HELP!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC WHAT A GREAT SYSTEM ( NOT!!! ) NO MONEY FROM ANYONE EVEN THE CASH I'm OWED HELP!!!

Lost
Lost Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
I'm sorry but I need to rant about this. I signed up for US last Friday to help me get HB. Since then I have had nothing but issues. Lets start

1. After signing up I was told to apply for Advanced Payment I would need to wait around 3 to 4 Weeks

2. ESA called me Yesturday to tell me they can't give me ESA back payment owed to me because I signed up for UC so I was told to call UC and shut the claim down if I want to get money that I'm owed to me by ESA.

3. Yesturday I call them Back to close my UC down and rang ESA back up to tell them I have closed my UC and was told today maby they will deal with mY ESA back payment and I might get it.

4. We supose to get Child tax credit today well we did not get this because I signed up to UC last friday and was told if I want to get child tax credit I would need to reapply for it but after she checked the system because I live in FULL UC area I'm not alegable for Child Tax credit  and was told I need to reapply for UC if I want to get Child Tax Credit.

Now here is the kicker. MY account has £0.01 On it  My Gas and electric are both in Emergency no one wants to give me any money I have no feed in the fridge I have no petrol to even to go JobCentre ask for vouchers or go to food bank.

So can an yone tell me what m I supose to do ? go and rob bank ? oh wait I can't as my gateway car has no petrol in it.

Can anyone help me what some one inb my situation has to do as I'm really lost about this. I'm disabled with severe mobility issue on top of this I suffer from Anxity and depression and all of this is not helping me my situation :(

Any sugestion and tips to get any money from some where ? As I hoinestly don't know what to do.

Thank you  

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    If I understand correctly you claimed UC in order to claim HB. As you had started this claim it would have been less complicated for you to stick with it. I would reopen your UC claim and go forward with it. It is within their power to give you an advance payment although this is often done at an interview.  You can also enquire about a hardship loan at the jobcentre. Generally speaking once you go forward with UC  and close your ESA claim there is no going back once you are on  UC. You haven't lost any money owed to you on ESA however it will be paid to you through your UC  payment eventually.   Are there any relatives or friends you can enlist to help you out?    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/apply/get-advance-payment/
  • Lost
    Lost Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Ripples said:
    If I understand correctly you claimed UC in order to claim HB. As you had started this claim it would have been less complicated for you to stick with it. I would reopen your UC claim and go forward with it. It is within their power to give you an advance payment although this is often done at an interview.  You can also enquire about a hardship loan at the jobcentre. Generally speaking once you go forward with UC  and close your ESA claim there is no going back once you are on  UC. You haven't lost any money owed to you on ESA however it will be paid to you through your UC  payment eventually.   Are there any relatives or friends you can enlist to help you out?    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/apply/get-advance-payment/
    You don't get it ESA owes me money for backpayment and they can't give me money owed to me because System will not let them open my ESA claim for them to make payment. They owe me around £980 for backpayments so if I go a head with UC I will loos money owed to me from ESA thats my problem.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to speak to DWP about this. As you've applied for UC then you can't go back. If DWP own you back pay from ESA then they have to pay you this but as already stated it will be paid through UC. I do know that UC takes 6 weeks for payments to start, so this will include your tax credits too. It may also take this long for them to pay your backdated money as it will be through UC.  There's nothing you can do today because it's the weekend but certainly ring first thing Monday morning.

As you don't have food or gas and electric then you local food bank will be able to help with all of these to at least last you until Monday. It's always difficult when it's the weekend.

Do you have any family or close friends that could help you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hello Lost

What a nightmare.

Try your MP, would be another suggestion. The DWP automatically give MPs information about your UC claim with your consent, under their "implicit consent" rules, and in this interim phase as UC comes in, that will often mean that they need to talk about the person's ESA  (or other "legacy" benefit claim)  as well.  It might be worth a go. 

Find your MP, if you don't know them already at  
    https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.