I feel so lonely and sad — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel so lonely and sad

cookiesmum
cookiesmum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm a 64 year old lady. I am in recovery from cancer. I have several health issues. I lost my dear mum, and then my younger sister. I feel so lonely. and sad. I try to keep going but sometimes it's hard. I used to be on the go all the time. I loved nothing better than going to watch my beloved Liverpool at Anfield or in the pub with my friends. I miss me, I miss the person I used to be. Sorry that sounds so miserable. I have had a bad day. :'(

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cookiesmum Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for sharing your story. I understand as do the community.

Glad you have joined sorry if you not too good. You come to the right community.

We support and care and share each other.

Lots of advice and information.

We are here to listen anytime you wish to.

Loads of new friends who wish you well.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cookiesmum

Welcome & Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

You don’t need to feel lonely anymore as we are here for you as & when required.

We can offer you help/advice/support at anytime.

It’s a real shame about the football mind. 

Please please let me know if I can help/support you you further?????

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cookiesmum and a warm welcome to the community. So sorry for your loss and so glad that you have found this forum - you will really find you're among friends here and I look forward to getting to know you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cookiesmum
    Welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering

I know what you mean. There is a big difference between surviving and living, especially with cancer. Your feelings are perfectly appropriate given your circumstances.

I even used to jump when passing a mirror or shop window as I had changed so much.

I live alone and the way I cope is to constantly find ways to distract/occupy myself.

Don't apologise, sometimes you'd have to be a weirdo for life to not get you down.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.