Northern Ireland Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Northern Ireland Pip

whistles
whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
Agreed it IS degrading.
I felt competely wrung out. I don't know if that's because DLA got scraped and I had to jump through hoops of fire and I wouldn't have a a new claimant? 

Where is the Independent aspect? I'm less independent now than before. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-43968546
Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Comments

• anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    edited May 2018
    I went through hell  my anixousty level is bad to severe , they made me feel worse. Luckily I have a support worker who helped me and I won , I also had a stage 3 lung cancer successfully removed under surgery, stll very nervous.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you are in remission. 
    All the best.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hi anxious .i had breast cancer stage 3 had some very aggressive treatment which has now led too permanent disabilities .i thought I'd be going back too work with a new happy start.i no what you mean about the anxiety .mine is massive .going what we went through us a massive shock physically and mentally ,without all this .im glad you got some support .im being thrown too the wolves again any time soon sigh x
  • anixous2017
    My advice to you lots of consultants letter, go to your GP and ask to put you in touch with well being support, because of anixousty  say you need home visit for pip, I am nervous of people and so anixous, There is help out there x
  • littleruthie123
    Hi thank you .i have asked for a home visit for various reasons .but there being awkward about it .its making me feel worse I can't wait until it's over 
  • anixous2017
    Good luck remember lots of letters.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Northern Ireland has a much better policy in implementing PIP. For a start anybody receiving DLA and they are 65 before the 20th June 2016 (before the 8th April 2013 in England) they will NOT have to claim PIP.
    Those that do have to claim PIP and are on DLA already will get payments all the way through to when the appeal is decided (in England all payments stop when you get your decision)
    And should you choose to want a home assessment, then that is what you will get with no dramas.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/personal-independence-payment
  • littleruthie123
    Packes bag ...................
  • littleruthie123
    @anixous2017 .alot of us who have had the cancer journey have alot of anxiety such a bug thing too cope with x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.