I want to appeal,though not sure of the next step - UC and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want to appeal,though not sure of the next step - UC and PIP

jackisin
jackisin Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am in receipt of Universal credit and pip. I was on the higher rate of JC,until it was charged to UC. I have had my work capability assessment back in February,and also mandatory reconsideration last month. Both denied. even though I have arthritis in both knees,ankles,and hands,and some sight problems.  Trouble walking  somedays,getting from A to B. So money taken away was needed.I want to appeal,though not sure of the next step. Lot of what said on medical report was not what I said,or twisted.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Hi @jackisin

Welcome my friend it’s great to meet this afternoon.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

We have got some great info here on our site which will be very useful.

PIP

Upper tribunal

Support services

Please please let me know if I can help you further with this????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jackisin
    Hoping to see someone this week to fill in forms for appeal. I need jelp witj them. Have asked UC for extension has it is coming upto month since decsion of medical
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    jackisin said:
    Hoping to see someone this week to fill in forms for appeal. I need jelp witj them. Have asked UC for extension has it is coming upto month since decsion of medical
    It won't be DWP/UC you'll need to ask for an extension for this, it will be the Tribunal. What you need to do is fill out the SSCS1 form and attach the MR decision letter to it otherwise your Tribunal will be refused. You can get these forms either from your local CAB or by downloading them online. You don't need to do anything else right now but you need to make sure the Tribunal receive the form within the 28 days. If it's outside of that time then you'll need a good reason why it's late. Everything else you can send at a later date, providing it gets there within 10 days of the appeal hearing. Hearing dates are currently taking several months. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jackisin
    Hello.Well I lost the appeal back in May,but in between had put in the support group.That is going to be reassessed again in October because my Health and welfare course has come to an end after 15'months.
    Meanwhile I have just come out of hospital after being in for 10'days with Pneumonia. My PIP was assessed back in June and mobility part was taken from me because I can plan a journey? Anyway because of the scare I had and am now struggling to get from a_b.. I have asked for it to be looked at again. Hoping I've done the right thing? Does anyone have any advice for me ? Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    MR is the first step to appeal, if the decision doesn't change then you'll need to request the Tribunal within 1 month of the date of the decision. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jackisin, I'm sorry to hear about your appeal. I understand how frustrating this must be!

If you are wanting to appeal again and take it to tribunal, you have a much higher chance of success. Here is some information about the tribunal process.

If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.