Hi, my name is ALFIE27! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ALFIE27!

Options
ALFIE27
ALFIE27 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am new to this and very frightened and confused. My husband had a stroke a week last Friday and I don't no which way to turn

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ALFIE27

Good Morning & Welcome to our online community.

I’m very sorry to hear about your husband.

We have got lots of helpful info & advice here.

I had a Stroke myself in 1998.

I can offer you my help & advice “as & when required”
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hello @ALFIE27 and a very warm welcome to you. Glad you have found us.
    Being frightened and confused by what has happened is perfectly understandable, but please, please, please be assured that you do not need to be frightened here. You are among friends now and - to us - you matter. You are important.
    It would help us to know what areas you need help with so, if you can, could you please tell us more about your situation and what the difficulties are that you are facing?
    If that would be a struggle and you're feeling overwhelmed, you could call our helpline at 0808 800 3333, or - perhaps better still - contact the Stroke Association emergency helpline at 0303 3033 100 or via their email info@stroke.org.uk.
    Please, please keep in touch and don't hesitate to tell us anything or ask us anything that may help us to help you.
    Here and listening,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, @ALFIE27. Do you have a good support system around you? 

The Stroke Association has a "next steps after a stroke" guide that you might find useful. I hope that this helps, and I hope that you feel safe and supported on here - we're here for you whether you need advice or just a place to talk to others about what you're going through.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.