Help filling in PIP forms - husband has mixed dementia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help filling in PIP forms - husband has mixed dementia

stevec
stevec Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Im Steve's wife mandie and Steve just been diagnosed with mixed dementia stage 3-4 and he just had new PIP  forms to fill in they now put me down as his appointee so I can do all the claiming now he also has diabetes type 2 he insulin dependented and also on metformin his kidneys leak protine and he has mobility problems and had 2 TIA  I really don't know what he can claim and get help with as I am finding it hard already can anyone help me please steve  is only 57 he be 58 in sept 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Mandie @stevec and a warm welcome to the community. I am very glad you have found us, and very sorry to hear about your and Steve's difficulties.
    However, we are no strangers to such things here.
    Whilst I'm not a benefits advisor and can't answer you directly, we do have well qualified and experienced people who will be in touch with you as soon as they can be. I'm going to refer your message to them and we will see what happens.
    For now, please 'keep your chin up', know that you are safe among friends here, and that we will do everything we possibly can to help you.
    Warmest best wishes
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stevec

Id recommend the CAB help with filling your pip form webpage, it breaks it down question by question.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions as so many of our members have been through this process.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Concise and accurate advice - something that I wish I would have had 5 years ago.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.