Will The Job Centre Force Me To Look For Work ????? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will The Job Centre Force Me To Look For Work ?????

Options
kevin52
kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
2-15 Today , I ll Let you Know what Was Said After They Read My Letter about My Mental Health and My Medication I Take ,  will They Ignore It Or Not ?

Comments

• impington7
    impington7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Of course just like I did and because I've had three periods of sickness can't claim has have to go back on esa
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    You may not  know the DM decision for three weeks or you may be told within days. I am sure though your experiences will help those going through the process
  • aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Not always but you have to get 12 points minimum and you'll be placed in one of two groups one called prepare for work which means updating your cv and gaining skills training for employment when you're well enough which you still have to attend job centre interviews with your advisor only thing you won't have to do is actually look and apply for jobs or you'll be put in the support group where you don' have to do anything like updating Cvs , attending job centre appointments or going on courses and doing training or gaining skills but be prepared it may need to go to tribunal so always make sure you make 3 copies of everything 1 for yourself , 1 to send with your claim , then 1 for just in case it has to go to tribunal as the government are trying to get everyone they deem as fit for work when they're not off sickness and disability benefits and if you're under a certain age you will be reviewed after a year and a new claim is no longer called Esa it's universal credit where payments will be made monthly and people already on Esa before the change will eventually have to make the move like they did with DLA to PIP
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    @aaronw3440 Thanks for your input I thought I had better just mention that if you are relying on points to be awarded ESA the minimum is 15 although you can get in on Reg 29 or 35 without necessarily meeting the points criteria.

• kevin52
    Options
    Good News , not Being forced To Look For Work , But They Do Want A Fit Note And Where Ok to Wait Till The 15th Next Month for It , Have To Attend Again On The 15 Th So I Could Be At The Appeal Case by Then :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi kevin52

I can't really tell from what you've said whether the  DWP decision maker has decided to pace you in the  work related activity group for ESA. It is a bit strange asking for a fit note at this stage. 

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask an advice agency  locally to have a look at the decision you've been sent to see what they think.

The DWP letters aren't clear, and sometimes someone whose job it is to sort these things out can help.

You could try your local Citizens Advice, for example.  

Best wishes and please let us know how you get on. 

Gill_Scope
  • kevin52
    Options
    They Booted Me Off ESA Support  , Now On UC , Not Heard from DWP for 5 Weeks now , I Know they got My Letter I Sent Them , Things Are In Place With Money Matters To Go To The Appeal Case , all I Have to Do Is Phone Them , Doctor gave Me A Line and Also told Me To Phone In For Them As Long As I Need Them . so Many Lies In My Report , The Lady From MM Cant Wait To Get At Them , Its What She Loves Doing ! :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.