Staggered path — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Staggered path

wallywoo2
wallywoo2 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
my OT has sent a refural to Plymouth city council for a grant for a staggered path and a shower. It has been 5mths and I’ve not heard anything yet. Not even a letter to confirm they have received the request. How do I find out how far up the ladder I am ? PCC has no direct line for me to ask and livewell just tell me that my OT has signed me off as it is no longer her concern. Any help would be greatly appreciated x

Comments

• Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering

Hi @wallywoo2

So it has been referred by Livewell to PCC to get funding under the Disabled Facilities Grant Scheme (DFG)?

Livewell really should be able to give you the contact details of the PCC office they have sent your information to........it is YOUR information so your request that they tell you seems reasonable, it is understandable that you should want to know where they have sent it.

Failing that call there main switchboard number of PCC 01752 668000 and ask for the office dealing with Disabled Facilities Grant applications. Or maybe try asking for the details on their social media:

https://www.facebook.com/PlymouthCityCouncil/

Unfortunately DFG adaptations often take ages but should be completed with 12 months of the formal application

Best Wishes

Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• wallywoo2
    Thank you but surly I should have received a letter to say they have received the application. I will have to be means tested so would have thought that an acknowledgment would have been sent x
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering

Hi @wallywoo2

The administrative processes at each local authority do differ from one another, so I can't claim to know at what point PCC tend to contact applicants. However, I wouldn't necessarily assume that they acknowledge receipt of applications. It maybe that they only contact applicants once they have started to process the paperwork and need to contact you for financial information etc.

Personally I would contact them to check that the application was still in their system and to see if they could give me an indication of time scales

Best Wishes

Jean 

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• wallywoo2
    I have no means of contacting them which is why I was hoping someone on here knew which department deals with the application so I could ring them. Livewell just tells me that I case is closed with OT x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.