PIP and other benefits and Nil income. On a failed ESA assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and other benefits and Nil income. On a failed ESA assessment.

Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
Hiya gang.

Just a quick question and Need a little heads up and  advice, if I fail my ESA support group on reassessment ESA50 which I have now and have to fill it in by the 20th June, and if I have to have a FTF and fail the assessment.

Yes I know all about regarding Mandatory etc,and then decide not to claim any further benifits while I go for appeal, like claiming the assessment rate of ESA by supplying fit notes or signing on for JSA, or UC which I can no way do or  work or sign any agreement for those benifits.

Can the DWP Just take my PIP away as it's ongoing and I couldent stand all the grief of JSA etc as I just want to live off my PIP until an appeal if it goes that far I have been advised by my LA council I can apply for my housing benefit and ct with a Nil income.

Perhaps @Username_removed could also help answer this question as he is very informative.

Thanks in advance and for any constructive help.
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Its supposed to be a different benefit, for different needs.
    So I'm going to say no.
    But appreciate other input because I might be incorrect.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Government_needs_reform
    edited May 2018
    @whistles thanks for trying to answer this it is a little complex for many to understand even me.

I will try to cut it down. Basicly if everything goes wrong with my ESA I want to claim housing and council tax on a Nil income and just live of my PIP Enhanced as it's ongoing which I have till 2027.

I can't commit to work realated benifits or the agreements they require.

I can't and will not sign on to JSA, UC etc.

I wonder if @BenefitsTrainingCo and @Username_removed could shed any further light to my above Question.

Thanks.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

@Username_removed thanks for the prompt reply, I do realise I could go down that route but I can't work and I don't manage or I don't leave my home much I can't deal with people FTF. Yes buddy I'm a total mess.

So I did explain to the LA I can't sign on for JSA etc because I can't agree to those benefits terms hence why I don't won't to claim those.

Regarding ESA assessment rate with a fit not I know the DWP advise Drs now not to issue them if found fit for work, so you can see my issue here.

Yes I'm on full rate PIP ongoing till 2027. And they stated I won't get better but  deteriorate all documemted on PA3 No reviews necessary.

So I was thinking if it happens and saves me a whole load of grief I would go down that road if I could mike. 
    ⬇️

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you not submit evidence from pip with the forms? 
    I haven't seen one, so I don't know how to even fill in. 
    Do you get reviews?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
    edited May 2018
    Fair enough, but, just to clarify...

If you claim JSA with an EPS then most of the usual conditions don’t apply. You’re a jobseeker who is sick for up to 13 weeks and who can still get JSA. 13 weeks would get you through the MR period.

DWP advice to GPS is at best misleading and is being challenged nationally. They have no authority over your GP. It’s worth having a chat with them in advance to see how they would view it.
    Okay @Username_removed I've taken what you've stated here I will see how things go and try and decide the right steps to take if you can find any further information regarding all this I would be pleased to read it as I'm at the end of my tether over all this I just can't work and the the DWP know all this I really hope when I put all my ESA paperwork in it will be okay. 

As for this whole debarkle over the ESA65 they send to GPs is Just so wrong.
    ⬇️

edited May 2018
    whistles said:
    Can you not submit evidence from pip with the forms? 
    I haven't seen one, so I don't know how to even fill in. 
    Do you get reviews?

Bless you @whistles and thanks.

I will be sending some pretty hard paperwork with it all which is all relevant to ESA, I also have a fantastic team which dealt and deal with my PIP and trust me she will not let Maximus push her about even I'm scared of her, she gave Capita some serious **** as they wanted to do a home visit at first and she gave them a right going over and I got my ongoing PIP sorted and the report diden't have one lie from them.

As for the rest of my team have all the dealing with the DWP for me they will kick there A's hard as need be.

Im so fked and my mind works and worries in overdrive I would love the life I had but in reality that's never ever will be an option again.

⬇️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.