Working — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working

shelly1994
shelly1994 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello all 
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year I'm currently full time employed im at the point where I'm forcing myself to work even on bad days coz the agency I work for dosent pay sick pay I'm struggling to cope

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shelly1994

Employers must make reasonable adjustments to make sure workers with disabilities, or physical or mental health conditions, aren’t substantially disadvantaged when doing their jobs.

Reasonable adjustments include:

• changing the recruitment process so a candidate can be considered for a job
    • doing things another way, such as allowing someone with social anxiety disorder to have their own desk instead of hot-desking
    • making physical changes to the workplace, like installing a ramp for a wheelchair user or an audio-visual fire alarm for a deaf person
    • letting a disabled person work somewhere else, such as on the ground floor for a wheelchair user
    • changing their equipment, for instance providing a special keyboard if they have arthritis
    • allowing employees who become disabled to make a phased return to work, including flexible hours or part-time working
    • offering employees training opportunities, recreation and refreshment facilities
    You can read more about it here

Have you spoke to your employee/HR?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.