What help can I get? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What help can I get?

Options
td43
td43 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hey i am having difficulties doing very basic roles, i have gone for very basic roles and im having difficulties. is there any way i can get benefits if i cannot seem to work

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @td43 Pleased to me you welcome. I would suggest have a look at our benefits posts and threads.

For information and advice.

Also have a look at What Benefits am I entitled to.

Have you also looked at the DWP websites as well they have a lot of information and advice.

Hope that helps

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @td43 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us, and sorry you're in difficulties.
    Could you tell us what it is that makes you struggle? Do you have a particular diagnosis, for example? It might help us to help you if we understand a little better.
    Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • td43
    Options
    Hey, I do not have a specific diagnosis I am certain I have a learning disability I have found things like studying and holding jobs very difficult and have taken longer to grasp things than the usual person. I am just about to lose my job again...and I have felt very ignored...I also do not consider myself lazy...if I am having common problems everywhere I feel something sis wrong with me...this will be my fourth probation i will be failing.
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hi @td43 and thank you for getting back to me. I do understand that you are having a difficult time, and I do want very much to help :smile:
    Would it not be wise to see your doctor, explain what is happening and try to get a diagnosis? Or have you tried already?
    Best to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
    @Sam_Scope Can I ask what you think?

• td43
    Options
    i have been to some doctors i have not found them helpful...one time i had psychosis a mental health condition they dint take me seriously
  • td43
    Options
    td43 said:
    i have been to some doctors i have not found them helpful...one time i had psychosis a mental health condition they dint take me seriously

• JennysDad
    Options
    Hi @td43
    At this point I'm honestly not sure what to suggest to you for the best, but I'm only the first to respond and there will be others :smile: It might also be worth your having a look at MIND, the mental health charity, here https://www.mind.org.uk/
    For now, please stay in touch, and I will try to find some advice to help you.
    Very best to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @td43, and sorry to hear about your current situation. If you haven't already, you may like to give the online benefits calculator a try to see what you may be entitled to.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.