Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Pip award changing trigger universal credit?

sam1908sam1908 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi quick question regarding my partners pip award changing from high rate daily living to standard rate. Just got her letter through on Thursday saying she will no longer be reviving the high rate so we have to phone tax credits in the morning to let them know which means we will lose the severe disablity element of WTC. Will this make our current tax credit claim end as we live in a full service area for UC or will it just change our current award for tax credits, thanks. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,020 Disability Gamechanger
    No, this won't be classed as a change of circumstances.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,130 Disability Gamechanger
    Shouldn't make a new claim because of your being awarded a lower PIP award. But they will try anything to get you on UC to save money if you need to or not" 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,020 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    Shouldn't make a new claim because of your being awarded a lower PIP award. But they will try anything to get you on UC to save money if you need to or not" 
    No, it's not classed as a change of circumstances to prompt a change to Universal Credit.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.