It’s Great To Share Good News — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It’s Great To Share Good News

kah22
kah22 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
It’s great to share good news.

My girlfriend with bipolar 1 was awarded standard rate care and nil mobility. We entered a MR, and addressed every comment the DM made point by point.  We drew attention to what we felt were inaccuracies and faults in the report. I don’t think we could have done this without the information we received here and also the information we found in in the SAR and other benefit sites

The DfC have now awarded her high rate care and standard mobility on the MR.  

The only bit I find hard to understand is that the award has been reduced from 2 maybe 3 years to six months which looks strange! That said the message was given over the telephone to my GF so I’ll wait to see the written detail just to make sure. We are minded to accept

I know most readers are British based and MR success rates are low, we’re Northern Ireland based so maybe they are operating differently here.  I should als say the initial assessment was paper based

Kevin

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Kah22
    Well done.
      Debsidoo.x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • kah22
    kah22 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    I started this discussion away back in May . Having went on a high my friend is now back in hospital

When talking to the hospital social worker I told her about my friends PIP and my guess that she should soon be due a reassesment

the SW contact the local CAB and they got the message back that my friends benefit was not due to expire 2021 !  

Her oriiginal assessment was paper based and I’m wondering if they just carried out another PBR. However, hearing all the horror stories about PIP this doesn’t seem likely. The only other thing I can think of is that she lifted the original message wrong

I would be interested on hearing your take on this

Kevin
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    kah22 said:
    I started this discussion away back in May . Having went on a high my friend is now back in hospital

When talking to the hospital social worker I told her about my friends PIP and my guess that she should soon be due a reassessment
    You learn something new every day. I never knew that social workers were in hospitals. It must be a recent thing.

When I was in hospital for nearly 3 months in 2004 I had both my DLA and IIDB stopped because I was not able to fill out the review/renewal forms. My wife brought it in one day and asked what I wanted to do with it - you are joking aren't you I said.
    I was very poorly and it took until 2011 before I felt fit enough to revisit the DLA & IIDB claims. This I did and it was awarded at the old rate of High Mobility/High Care and this time indefinitely and the IIDB at the old rate of 40%.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.