Stuck in PIP limbo — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stuck in PIP limbo

SleepyMeh
SleepyMeh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone, I hope you all are well. 

I have a quick question, is it normal to wait around 14 weeks for a PIP decision? The only contact I've had is an acknowledgement that my form has been passed to the provider(Capita) and that's it. I've looked around everywhere and the DWPs own statistics state clearance times of 8 weeks for PIP claims.

For reference mine is a DLA(Indef) to PIP transfer. We haven't had any contact from anyone for close to 14 weeks since receiving the letter to say the forms were passed to Capita.

I've looked everywhere and really don't know whats going on. Gosh the anxiety for this stuff is ridiculous. It's horrible.

Thanks to whoever answers.

Comments

• elbest
    elbest Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hello, I rang DWP & they told me over the phone after about 8 weeks, unfortunately it wasn't in my favour even though I was the same as you . Indefinite DLA to PIP, did mandatory reconstruction but with no change in decision & now in process of appeal. It's absolutely disgraceful what they are putting people through all my conditions are flaring with the worry & my depression is at an all time low. I wish you a successful result & hope that this ridiculous system gets changed soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    SleepyMeh said:
    Hello everyone, I hope you all are well. 

I have a quick question, is it normal to wait around 14 weeks for a PIP decision? The only contact I've had is an acknowledgement that my form has been passed to the provider(Capita) and that's it. I've looked around everywhere and the DWPs own statistics state clearance times of 8 weeks for PIP claims.

For reference mine is a DLA(Indef) to PIP transfer. We haven't had any contact from anyone for close to 14 weeks since receiving the letter to say the forms were passed to Capita.

I've looked everywhere and really don't know whats going on. Gosh the anxiety for this stuff is ridiculous. It's horrible.

Thanks to whoever answers.
    Hi,

Yes, that's perfectly normal. The 8 weeks is purely just a guide. It will depend on backlog in your area. Expect to be called for a face 2 face assessment because most people have them. Once this is done it could still be 2-8 weeks after than you get a decision.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent in. If you didnt then you can take it to the assessment with you and hopefully they'll accept it there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine took 12 weeks allowing for Christmas, it will come just the not knowing, 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.