Work coach interview — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work coach interview

lainey123
lainey123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all,just an update about my first interview with a work coach. I had a very nice lady who I know through my ex hubby (he worked for the DWP), I explained about being booted off ESA and she was appalled, told me to request a mandatory reconsideration. In the meantime she has advised me to get a fit note from my GP to cover me whilst I am awaiting hospital admission,and further ones when i am in recovery from the op.She said once i have this they will leave me alone! Good result! 

Comments

• aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    edited June 2018
    They won't leave you alone you'll have to constantly send in sick notes and will have to under go another work capability assessment as you're no longer on Esa or even remotely in the support group once esa has been stopped you go back to being a job seeker the only time dwp will leave you alone is if you'e put in the support group until it's time for the next assessment and if you're put in the prepare for work group you have to under go training , courses and update your c.v and skills and attend work focused interviews with your advisor  so your advisor has pretty much told you complete nonsense and even when you send fit notes you're still required to go into the job centre when they ask you to and if you don't go they will sanction you 
  • lainey123
    lainey123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Yes she did say leave me alone for 14 days, but by that time i am hoping to be in hospital having my op. I don't mind having to go in and see her,my point in the interview was that I am waiting to go in hospital could be next week could be in 3 weeks, so applying for jobs was a little pointless seeing i may get an interview and tell them i'm going in hospital and will be off 3 months after. As long as i am seen to be applying until i get my fit note is all she asked. See her again next friday to give the fit note in and review job search

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.