Anything I can do to relieve pain? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anything I can do to relieve pain?

Matilda
Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
There was a five months gap between my ceasing rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis and starting abatacept during which time my RA became uncontrolled.  The abatacept has not taken effect yet, after four sessions, and I am told it is likely to be some months before it does.  Meanwhile, I am taking naproxen, co-dydramol and ibuprofen for the pain.  I am also coming to the end of a short course of oral steroids. None of these meds have relieved my pain significantly.  The pain is not in the joints but in the muscles.  I ache very badly and am severely stiff all over all the time. This has been the case for four months.

Is there anything I can take or do to relieve the pain until such time as the abatacept takes effect?

Comments

• aaronw3440
    aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    My nan uses deep heat to help along with painkillers and morphine 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you, @aaronw3440

I forgot to mention that I also use freeze spray which helps.  I have got some voltarol gel but haven't got around to using it yet  - must try it.

My consultant mentioned Tramadol a while back.  If I went on to Tramadol, this would replace the co-dydramol.  I'm worried that my GP surgery, which is a basket case, might stop the Tramadol without warning and it could be some time before I could another prescription for co-dydramol!  So, for the time being I'll stick with the co-dydramol.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.