Struggling in my home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling in my home

Options
tishmariex
tishmariex Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I need some advice please everyone. 
I am 25 years old and have fibromyalgia, antiphospholipid syndrome and DDD. My mobility is poor and I suffer with severe pain. I’m currently living in a housing association first floor flat. I’ve had a medical assessment done and passed but they have told me I am too young to bid on bungalows and have put me in the lowest band meaning it’s going to take me years. I have already fallen down the stairs a lot, fallen in the hallway and bathroom and I am unable to bathe as I can’t lower myself in and out of the bath and don’t have a shower and am not allowed to put one in. It’s really getting me depressed and as I have two little boys too it’s makes life very difficult trying to be the best disabled mummy I can be.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tishmariex, welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, it sounds as though you're dealing with a lot at the moment. I'm tagging in @Debbie_Scope in case there's anything she can suggest in terms of your housing application.

Do you have any mobility aids to help you out in the meantime? These bathing aids (for example) may be worth a look at, and perhaps our other community members will have some suggestions too. It might also be worth having a chat to your GP to see if there's any additional support available that you could be referred for.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.