Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe

Options
sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Dyphagsia 

Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe 3 votes

Self harming
33%
sam12 1 vote
Ibs
66%
debbiedo49[Deleted User] 2 votes

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sam12, it's perhaps not clear what you're asking here- is there anything we can help you with? 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Anyone have swallowing issues when eating narrow stricture in the food pipe 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Eating food fear of choking not been able to stop choking 
  • jemmam88
    jemmam88 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Hi sam12
    Yes i have had the feeling of choking many years now. I have no diagnosis of eating disorder but i am constantly struggling to eat/swallow food. I eat so slow tiny pieces dont eat certain foods. Feel i would be allergic to types of foods altough im not. My Dr suggested my high anxiety  leads me to feel these sensations of throat narrowing also lupus. I have gastritis and always acidic but also down to anxiety and lack of food.
    I find my problem is i always think about each swallowing of food it dosent just come natural. So your not alone..have you been to your Dr and spoken to them about how you are suffering. 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Yes already been diagnosed by Dr's I went for camera I couldn't swallow camera I also have hatius hernia sliding one suggest u take a barium swallow test this could have something to do with it 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ibs
    I have issues with swallowing and choking sometimes. The slightest crumb can set me off so I try to watch what I am eating for obvious crumbs. I have mild asthma and a dry mouth and I have acid reflux which to me must play a part. I have large tonsils and a narrow throat which must play a part. Just writing this gives me anxiety about my throat. When I get a mild sore throat it affects my swallowing a lot. I also have post nasal drip from allergies and use a spray for this as well as spray for dry mouth. 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    No pain. Just scary when u kant swallow or chocking 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Kant even think about talking food I suffering good poisoning wk end omg so painful  Yeah I got stricture narrowing cause my hernia to times I kant swallow backwards or I choke 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Kant even think about talking food I suffering food poisoning wk end omg so painful  Yeah I got stricture narrowing cause my hernia to times I kant swallow backwards or I choke 
  • Denise1969
    Denise1969 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Yes, I have trouble swallowing food, tablets, everything ... but that's because I have Fibromyalgia and difficulty swallowing is one of the symptoms.
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    I have this to and hernia  in chest narrow stricture  so scary  what Dr say to u 
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    Tablets and  go in bed and drinking  and eating and talking  freaks me out
  • sam12
    Options
    Self harming
    I do get pain in gullet  tube

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.