Feel let down when trying to get support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feel let down when trying to get support

simi1990
simi1990 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i have two children with severe physical disabilities who are 5 and 7 . i feel when asking for help and and support the amount of stress i go through is not worth it, whether its applying for a extension for adaptations ( finding this trumatic) trying to get support or a new wheelchair (getting bounced from one professional to another) help at home ( am i a good mother askin another person to help?) Just feel let down:(

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @simi1990 Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for sharing sorry what you are going through.

I am sure I am not alone and all of us in the community feel for you and hope we can help.

Please how can the community help. Please can I can add have you seen our posts and threads under Talk about Specific Conditions. Lots of support and hopefully advice.

Hope you can contact the SCOPE helpline 0808 800 3333 for support groups in your area could be a solution.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @simi1990 and a warm welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us.
    Are you a good mother? I would stake my life on it.
    Sadly, this is the world as it is. We can find money for all kinds of things, but as a society we seem to strive not to find money for people who genuinely need it. 
    Please don't hesitate to ask for or about anything here, and if anyone can help they will. We most of us know only too well what it is to have to depend on others, and most of the time it just sucks.
    I haven't the slightest doubt that you are doing a great job - to the best of your ability - in the most difficult circumstances, that you are courageous (though you will deny that) and actually rather special.
    Here and listening,
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @simi1990, and welcome! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear about how you're feeling at the moment- I'm sure many others on the community will be able to empathise with the struggle of fighting for support. Is there anything in particular you're having a hard time with at the moment?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.