Have you received a major housing adaptation through the Disabled Facilities Grant? – Research — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you received a major housing adaptation through the Disabled Facilities Grant? – Research

Options
SarahMurphy
SarahMurphy Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello, my name is Sarah Murphy. I am an Occupational Therapy student at Brunel University London and am currently completing my dissertation, under the supervision of Diane Ellison.

As part of my dissertation, I’m hoping to speak to people who have received a major housing adaptation through the Disabled Facilities Grant in England. The purpose of this research is to understand if adaptations meet client expectations and impact on quality of life. It would give you an opportunity to share your thoughts or experiences of the process and have your say. Participation would involve a telephone or Skype interview that takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour to complete.

I am looking to recruit people who:

·         Are over the age of 18

·         Have a physical disability

·         Live in England

·         Have received a major housing adaptation in the past two years through the Disabled  Facilities Grant

·         Can speak over the telephone or via Skype

If you meet the above criteria and are interested in taking part, or would like more information about the study, please feel free to contact me at 1609635@brunel.ac.uk.

This study has been approved by the College of Health Sciences Research Ethics Committee.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.