Disability is getting me down — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability is getting me down

carrolanne
carrolanne Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a few disabilities that are getting me down seriously lately,I have Arthritis and Gout in every joint in my body,plus spondulosis,I have been diagnosed with EMPHYSEMA also,Ive also pulmary Edima ,Asthma,High blood pressure ,etc etc and Im Bi polar.....I HAVE BEEN IN SO MUUCH PAIN LATELY ...Its depressing,I just lie in bed and take pills,dehydracodiene and Morphine,but nothing seems to work,last year I had all my womb,ovaries and tubes and cervix removed because of Cancer,its in remission,but I still get psudo  pains in my abdomen...well thhe dr says they are pysudo (cant spell). I just need to be apart of a group that understands pain,mental and physical,so I can relate to someone,noone knows how I feel but me,eesp when they have no pain,sorry for the speech,but this iis me .thanks you for reading xxxx

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carrolanne, welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a tough time at the moment. I'm sure you'll find that many of our community members will be able to relate to your experiences, and hopefully you'll find support and guidance here. For now, you may like to have a look through/ get involved with our dealing with chronic pain discussions. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know!
  • Ethel
    Ethel Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi Carrolane, I'm sorry to hear about how draining and painful life is for you right now. I live with pain and some days I don't know how much I can take. There are other days which are slightly easier, but everyday is hard. Pain is invisible but so debilitating and I feel it silently eats away at my soul.
  • Mandy1066
    Mandy1066 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I am sorry your going through so much pain I'm in the same position but if you ever want to chat get in touch.im always in bed due to my health issues usually on a heat pad.im on a lot of meds also morphine patches and i know it can be very frustrating,you just want to be "Normal " ! I tried to keep busy but so days it does get you down.take care mandy
  • unclesam
    unclesam Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited June 2018
    Hello,
    Sorry to hear about all of your sorrows and pains. Life can sometimes poses unwanted challenges like these. But depression is another challenge we have control over. My advice is to be positive. Thinking although you have some challenges but your life is completely normal. I came across many people who made their day to day life easier by using different disability aids. It's worth checking if some instruments can make your life easier. Just think how beautiful gift the life is. You can still see, hear, feel, smell, think etc. There are still lots of abilities in you. Use them in the best way you can.
  • Gaina
    Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Hi @carrolanne ?

If at alll possible, please go and see someone if you feel your mental health is suffering.  It's not always just a case of 'Thinking Positive' where depression is concerned, especially if you've been having Chemo, the effects of which can last long after the treatment itself has finished (my Dad had chemo in 2016 so I saw first had the impact it can have on mental heath as well as physical).

Did you have access to MacMillan or any other support while you were having treatment for cancer?  It might be worth seeking them out as they can give you advice on alll sorts of topics.

Lastly, you memtioned Pseudo pain.  Your doctor should have details of a Pain Clinic you can attend (usually at your local hospital as an out-patient) so maybe ask about that too.
  • carrolanne
    carrolanne Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you everyone for your responds,I am feeling more positive lately,I am spending more time with my grandchildren,and my daughter has started to visit more too. Also I am going to talk to my doctor about a pain clinic, my health care worker told me to do the same ,...I did have a Mac Millan nurse,she was wonderful,I never thought about asking her for help now my cancer is in remission,but I will phone her and explain my situation,see what she suggests, Thank you all so much for your wonderful advice and warm thoughts .love and best wishes to you all xxxx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi everyone. I'm Kelly from the UK. I've got over 26 health problems which 2 of them can't ever be cured. I've also got learning difficulties and iveI got BPD with bipolar. I'm single as always get cheated on 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.