Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How far can you get with a bus pass?

kirstymcreedkirstymcreed Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi i have a bus pass i am aks how far can you get with it because my boyfriend live in Mansfield and i was thinking is it free on trains to they could u let me know thanks 

Replies

• steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kirstymcreed

Welcome to our online community/family.

Here’s some info for you on bus passes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/free-bus-passes-for-older-and-disabled-people-protected-for-the-future

Please let me know if you require any further help/support????
  • kirstymcreedkirstymcreed Member Posts: 4 Listener
    that didn't really help it disabled past and just asking as i am 27 
  • exdvrexdvr Member Posts: 312 Pioneering
    Hi @kirstymcreed.     There's an infinite amount of different bus passes, eg for students, unemployed, disabled, elderly,   the list is almost endless.  Some are only valid in certain zones, some only with specific operating companies; a few are valid nationwide.  Could you be a bit more specific regarding your circumstances?

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    If you go onto your local councils website you should find info on your card and where you can go. 
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,160 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi i have a bus pass i am aks how far can you get with it because my boyfriend live in Mansfield and i was thinking is it free on trains to they could u let me know thanks 
    A bus pass will not allow you free travel on trains. A disabled rail card will allow you 1/3 off your costs but certainly not free travel.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Ok was only asking thanks 
    how far well get me before i pay 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,160 Disability Gamechanger
    I would have no idea, it depends on your local council. You will need to check with them how far and which buses you can use your card on.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member - under moderation Posts: 4,932 Disability Gamechanger
    Is your pass the local version of the national concessionary pass? If it is then the answer is all over England by bus but not coach, train or tram unless your local version of the scheme allows it as it does for example in Greater Manchester.
Sign in or join us to comment.