DYSPRAXIA SUPPORT GROUP TEESSIDE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DYSPRAXIA SUPPORT GROUP TEESSIDE

Pritthijit
Pritthijit Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Roseberry Community Consortium is a registered charity assisting disadvantaged groups of young people across the Tees Valley region.

Our beneficiaries are young people in economically challenging situations, those affected by dyspraxia/dyslexia, those who have low patterns of academic achievements and young people living in care.

These are testimonials provided by adult members of the dyspraxia support group.

"Well this group has helped me to find new friends who understand my special needs who I can talk to about my problems without feeling out of place. Plus we do activities together.”

“It has helped me to make new friends and realised that I do not have to go through it alone, that there are people just like me I can rely on for support”

We are looking for more young people affected by dyspraxia to join the group.

Since last year, we have launched a parent and children dyspraxia support group. Many parents have expressed concerns about the lack of support for dyspraxic children. The group offers helpful advice and support, make friends, activities arranged for children (improve co-ordination, baking, sports, handwriting), workshop for parents, talk to experts and much more.

We are looking for more parents and dyspraxic children to join the group. There is volunteering opportunities available. Looking for committed volunteers to join the group.

It is important to spread the word about the groups. Dyspraxia is a condition that poorly misunderstood and recognised. We are very passionate about supporting local people affected by dyspraxia. If you are or know anyone affected by dyspraxia, please contact

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.