PIP and pension credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and pension credit

JanisH2950
JanisH2950 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Last Friday 15th June I received a letter to say I would be getting PIP from July 11th 2018. I have both components at standard rate, which has now made me £150.00 worse off than when I was on DLA. I ha e just looked at my bank account and my Pension Credit has stopped, even though the PIP doesn’t start until 11/07/18. Is this correct or should I still be getting it. Hope you can help me as this is so very worrying. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't means tested and won't affect your pension credit. I would advise you to ring them to ask why it's stopped. It could be that they transfer over to DLA has temporary stopped it but i would have no idea the reasons why, i could only guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JanisH2950
    Thank you. I will ring them x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy is right PIP is not means tested, and to put your mind at rest ring DWP to ask why your pension credit has stopped. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Last Friday 15th June I received a letter to say I would be getting PIP from July 11th 2018. I have both components at standard rate, which has now made me £150.00 worse off than when I was on DLA. I ha e just looked at my bank account and my Pension Credit has stopped, even though the PIP doesn’t start until 11/07/18. Is this correct or should I still be getting it. Hope you can help me as this is so very worrying. 
    First of all, the reduction in terms of money - DLA to PIP is intentional. It was one of the reasons why PIP came into being - to reduce how much people were getting.

As for the GPC it is likely that the Pension Service have put a temporary block on payments as you have moved from DLA to PIP. Give them a ring and get them to release the payments - it is a common thing they do if anything changes - they stop the payments.
  • JanisH2950
    I’ve done that now thanks, they are looking into it x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.