Mental health issues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health issues

Options
hayleigh
hayleigh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is hayleigh. I suffer from severe mental health issues. I have done since I was 13. I am nearly 26 now and mental health is getting worse. I have asked to go on a depot of depixol but have not heard back from my psychologist. I really am at a low point. Don't know what to do anymore. I hate the way I feel about myself

Comments

• hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @hayleigh
    Welcome to the community! I hope you find it useful! 
    Has your Psychologist tried CBT with you? 
    If not could be worth a try! 
    I had it for my anxiety and worked well. 
    Keeping a worry diary can help to think less about things that play on your mind :) 

Happy to help if I can 

Charlene
  • EmmaB
    EmmaB Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Hayleigh.  Sorry to hear you feel low.  If your mental health issues are as a result of trauma then have you ever had any EMDR - eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing - therapy?  There is also evidence that doing therapy that works through the body can be effective for those who have experienced trauma.  Either way I hope you find some effective help and can get your life back on track.  Emma

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.