ESA Reassessment mess about — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Reassessment mess about

Options
angie610m
angie610m Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
Hi,

In August 2017 I was approved a home assessment.  I was told it would be November.  Also I was a survivor of Domestic violence  in August, which went to court November... (everything falls at once)...

No assessment for 2017. I had my MP on to them.  I signed for a new property on the 6th April.  That afternoon I had an email that I would receive an assessment 16th April, I was moving on 14th, tenancy started on 10th.  They pushed it back a few weeks after a frantic call.  On 6th May I called the assessment team at CHDUK, they said they were waiting on a dr and the recording equipment. 
But I would receive a letter by end of May for a June assessment.  End of May I asked my MP to look into it.  I received an email back saying I had delayed the assessment due to my move.  I had not.  And I spoke to them on 6th May.  Anyway half way through June still no assessment.  I again contacted MP pointing out that the assessment team have lied once.  Again today, I receive the same response.  I contacted the main office at CHDUK saying apparantly I refused an appointment for 31st May... I have not received a letter.  And neither had I cancelled or refused one. 

So after lots of frantic calls.   I managed to talk to the home assessment team.  They have no idea what was booked for 31st May as they had not booked it.  After me losing my rag they have put me in for 3rd July.  But still have no idea why it states I refused ab apt for 31st May.  I think they are playing silly beggers.

I want to take this further but not sure how to.  And as anything like this occurred to anyone?

Help or advice please?
Thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think we or anybody would want to take the mater further to get satisfaction and closure. After you stand back and look at the bigger picture is it worth it the stress and hassle just to find out if you can, why this or that did or didn't happen. I know it will give you the satisfaction, and vindicated your quest for answers to your questions, it could be something simple as two cases with the same name or similar addresses. If your adement to find out I would contact your MP to get help and advice good luck.
  • angie610m
    angie610m Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    I have had my MP involved, however they are not doing anything.  I have had similar issues each assessment.  I always complain.  I just wanted to hear other's experiences.  I thonk it is worth it to complain.  And can use it against them too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.