Virtual reality focus group in London 25/6/18 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Virtual reality focus group in London 25/6/18

b_kerr
b_kerr Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a lecturer at Kings College London and NHS consultant at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital in London. We have a small grant to make a new virtual reality 360 video to help train doctors and dentists about barriers and attitudes disabled people have when attending NHS hospital appointments. We have current funding to focus on physical and verbal communication disabilities and negative attitudes. It will be a free resource and we plan to use it for some future research. 

We we are running a small focus group in a central London hospital on Monday the 25th of June at 13:30. We want feedback on the script and concepts from people with disabilities on how relevant and realistic the topics are. 

You would need to be available to arrange your own transport and be available at 13:30 this Monday for about an hour. 

Bryan

Comments

• catlangran
    catlangran Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited July 2018

Hi Bryan,

I am a lecturer at University of Reading also interested in VR and disability. We would love to collaborate with you. I would really appreciate if you can please contact me to discuss your project further.  [removed by moderator]

Very best wishes, Catherine

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @b_kerr and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you get interest on this and hope it is a project that can be put into practice :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.